ACT members participating in the march cleanup in Mastic Beach are reminded that Safety is very important. Please try to follow these basic safety tips as you go about your day.
1. Use the buddy system (working in pairs of two when possible).
2. Wear appropriate safety vest, jacket or shirt at all times along with your ACT Team ID card.
3. Use appropriate safety gear as needed. I.e. gloves, eye protection, hard hat, etc.
4. Stay in contact with the ACT Team Emergency Coordinator and Net Control at all times Via the Primary Repeater (W2DQ) 2 METER, 145.210, PL 136.5 / Auxiliary Repeater (W2DQ) 70 CM, 446.625, PL 110.9. and or cell phone. If possible download and use the “life360” application.
5. Do NOT handle any hazardous waste or dangerous items. Any such items need to be called into the event coordinator. Give detailed description of the items and exact location so that they can notify the proper authority to handle it.
6. Use your vehicles warning flashers when you or others are outside of vehicles and working near the roadway. If you have an “amber warning light” for your vehicle it is suggested that you use it.
7. Do NOT violate any NYS Vehicle and Traffic laws.
8. Keep you vehicle out of the roadway when parked.
9. Notify the Net Control Operator of any Emergencies. Give the nature of emergency, the location and what services you need. I.e. Ambulance, Police or Fire Department.
10. Report in to the Net Control and our ACT TEAM Emergency Coordinator when you arrive and deport the operation.
Thank you in advance for supporting your Team and your community.
ACT Team Safety Officer – Origen S. Symes, KD2MRN